His achievements include:
- Having 18 images awarded in the international Wildlife Photographer of the Year Competition (making him the 8th most awarded photographer in the competition’s history).
- Winning the Eric Hoskings Award twice, the first photographer to do so.
- Publishing more than 30 coffee-table books featuring his images, including prize-winning publications like Reflection, Art of Nature, Shades of Nature and Moods of Nature.
- Winning the international Camel Trophy Photography Award.
- Being awarded the title Fuji/Getaway Wildlife Photographer of the Year, as well as being awarded in the Africa Geographic/Nikon Photographic Awards, Nature’s Best, European Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
- Writing six books.
- Filming for Storm Cats, a Nat Geo Wild documentary.
The list of world-class black-and-white wildlife photographers is a short one, but even if it were pages long, South African photographer Heinrich van den Berg certainly would belong near the top.Outdoor Photographer Magazine (USA)
Heinrich van den Berg founded and own HPH Publishing – a boutique publishing company specialising in high quality natural history, photographic coffee table, and guide books. My book Reflection won a gold award in the international Independent Publishers Association Awards.
His images have been sold to various clients and he is fortunate to be able to make a living from what he loves doing.
“I hope my images will inspire you to appreciate the beauty of nature.”
“I have won many awards, but they are not what motivates me. The last image I take is the only thing that counts.”
Heinrich does assignment photography for various clients including the major broadcast companies and Getty Images.